My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.sarahfobes.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Am Legend



There's a lot about I Am Legend that doesn't quite work, but for whatever reason, it liked it... no, wait, not for whatever reason. Post-Apocalyptic is my favorite genre of everything and this movie paints that scenario successfully. Also, there were some scenes in this that REALLY scared me. I do this thing that Sam makes fun of me for..I plug my ears for terrifying scenes...for this one sequence in particular my fingers were jammed so far in my ears it hurt. Will Smith plays Will Smith to perfection of course, no surprises there. The dog is amazing, the infected are sufficiently freaky and the pacing is good. In fact, I wish it could have been a smack longer and given us more insight into the lead character's daily routine and rituals, which was the most interesting thing about the movie. Good fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin said...

here here. i had my fingers in my ears for that scene too. loved the sets (the apartments especially). loved the dog. loved the editing (very fluid). i would have liked to know more about the infecteds evolving behaviour - they were more intriguing than the mindless ragers in 28 Days Later. p.s. didn't appreciate the religious element.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home