My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.sarahfobes.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Juno


Awe..it's the year's most inexplicable and forced romantic pairing!
I know I'm in the minority on this but I'm not sure what the big deal is all about. I found the characters slightly irritating more than anything. Ellen Page is great but the whole thing just seems so unlikely and forced (especially the too-cool-for-school dialogue - sorry, I was too busy rolling my eyes to be charmed by their non stop little quips) One of the many ways this story seems unlikely is because the Juno character was a walking contradiction. There is no way she would be interested in someone like Michael Cera's character - he had zero charisma, and not once did I feel like I liked his character. They also went in a very painfully awkward and disruptive direction with the Jason Bateman character, which I thought was unnecessary. Add to that a decidedly pro-life message and you have the years most over rated film - Juno. Allison Janney was great though, as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home